[Mailman-Users] Mailman Migration HELP

Meredith, Robert robert.meredith at neonsoft.com
Wed Aug 16 20:33:11 CEST 2000

Okay, here is the scenario.  I want to migrate my mailman functions over to
a new machine.  I brought up the new machine and installed Mailman v2.0beta4
on it.  Everything seems to work perfectly fine with this installation.
Now, I want to migrate my mailing lists from my old server to the new one.
My old server is running Mailman v1.1.  I have approximately 30 lists on
this box.  I have tried and tried to do this, with no success.  One problem
that I am having is this, my old server had mailman installed in a
non-standard location (my new server has it installed in /home/mailman).
When I was looking at the config files for each of the old lists - they have
path information in them.  Will I have to manually edit these?

What I am looking for is this:  I am a rather inexperienced Unix guy.  I
want a step-by-step on how I can do this.  Any help is appreciated.