[Mailman-Users] Problems with Mailman2beta5

Christopher T. Griffiths cgriffiths at quansoo.com
Tue Aug 15 16:52:36 CEST 2000

Actually I have read through all the documentation as well as the
archives.  No one has posted anything beyond having an issue with sendmail
not liking the gid.  I have removed all of my previous versions of mailman
and updated the crontab.  When I send messages in to my list they take
now take 1-2 minutes to process and hit the users.  Then as time goes on I
am getting the following message now and things just stack up in the
queue:

Aug 15 10:50:01 2000 (49062) Could not acquire qrunner lock

How long specifically should mailman take to queue and send out the
messages to sendmail?

Thanks

Chris

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Looking back at the archives or even (gasp) reading the documentation
> within the package, is considered polite before asking questions of the
> mailing list.
>
> Check your crontab entries - the later 2.0beta crontabs are *very*
> different to the 1.1 versions.  crontab.in within your ~mailman/cron
> directory has an appropriate template.
>
> 	Nigel.
> --
> [ - Opinions expressed are personal and may not be shared by VData - ]
> [ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk ]
> [ Phone: +44 1423 850000                         Fax +44 1423 858866 ]

---
Christopher T. Griffiths
Quansoo Group Inc.
cgriffiths at quansoo.com