[Mailman-Users] Proper domain name being sent

alister air alister.air at uts.edu.au
Tue Aug 15 02:34:56 CEST 2000

At 03:47 AM 8/15/2000, Dan Busarow wrote:
>On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, alister air wrote:
> > I've got a Solaris 7 server running sendmail 8.11.0 with a virtual
> > domain.  Sendmail sends email from the machine with no problems, using the
> > virtual domain instead of the machine's domain name.  Sendmail also
> > receives email with the virtual domain name and gives it to Mailman.  The
> > problem I have is that Mailman then sends it out with the machine's
> name as
> > the domain name rather than the virtual domain I want it to use.
> >
> > What have I done wrong?
>
>See "Host name this list prefers" on the general options admin
>page.

I have already done this, but it hadn't changed anything.  When I send an
email to my list list at lists.science.uts.edu.au it gets processed without
any problems, but the "To" address gets changed to
list at zeppo.science.uts.edu.au - zeppo is the machine name, lists is the
alias I want it to use.  The "Sender" is
list-admin at lists.science.uts.edu.au and if I email from the machine it
comes from user at lists.science.uts.edu.au, so somewhere Mailman is getting
that the name is zeppo.science.uts.edu.au whereas sendmail's happy using
lists.science.uts.edu.au - any ideas why?

Regards,

Alister

--

Alister Air          Ph 9514 1277