[Mailman-Users] sendmail error.

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sun Aug 13 07:08:37 CEST 2000

Hi.

OK, I know I had a whole bunch of dumb problems last night, but I think
I've got those resolved.  I eventually just ripped everything out and
reinstalled as the mailman user.  That seemed to work great.

But, of course, I have a new problem.  This time with sendmail.

All of the web interface stuff works great.  I change settings and they
stay changed.  I can add and remove users and edit their preferences.

But every time I try to actually send mail to a list, I get a bounce from
sendmail saying:

554 "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper post poker"... unknown mailer error 2

The file looks like this:
-rwxr-sr-x 1 mailman mailman 24158 Aug 11 20:03 /usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper*

The only thing that I've done that the docs doesn't directly suggest is
add mailman to my trusted users.

I've tried stopping and starting sendmail to no avail (in case there was a
misread config).

It's Sendmail 8.9.3 on Debian Linux and Mailman 1.1.

Sendmail is using /bin/sh, not smrsh.

Any ideas, let me know.

Thanks.
Jeme.