[Mailman-Users] User Passwds in Bulk Loading ??

Leonardo Rochael Almeida lra at insite.com.br
Thu Aug 10 01:37:07 CEST 2000

Hi,

On 9 Aug 2000, John van V wrote:

> [...]
>
> Also, what kind of database is being used ??  My understanding is that
> Python is still to new to have DBI interfaces like perl... is that
> true ??

No, python has database interfaces of it own. There is even a whole
database engine writen in python (with some C modules for speed), gadfly.

But python keeps each list configuration in a python marshal, which is one
of the many ways python has to freeze objects in memory to disk. If you
know some python you can use the 'withlist' script to play directly with
the fields of the list configuration. It's a good way to do complex
scripted alterations on lists.

Regards, Leo