[Mailman-Users] Problems to restore mailman lists from backup tape

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Tue Aug 8 00:57:12 CEST 2000

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 02:40:18PM +0300, Sampo Antila wrote:
> Admin password didn't match. I also copied .../mailman/data/adm.pw from
> backup tape to new server, but that didn't help anyting.

You can always create a new site administrative password with
the bin/mmsitepass program.

> What is correct way to restore those lists to our server?
> Our old mailman was some old version than this new one.

Did you try 'make update'?  (See 'UPGRADING' in the Mailman
source directory.)  It attempts to update the list configuration
files to the current version.

> New one is 2.0beta2, our server is Redhat 6.2 and we have python 1.5.2.

I would recommend getting a newer version of Mailman. 2.0beta5
is available from ftp.gnu.org:/gnu/mailman/ and Gnu software
mirrors around the world

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo
Python Starship     http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/