[Mailman-Users] 2.0b5 problem with newlist?

Matthew Dharm mdharm at one-eyed-alien.net
Mon Aug 7 22:48:35 CEST 2000

I think I've found a bug in newlist... is anyone else seeing this?

Basically, what's happening is that I run newlist to create the list.  THe
list creates fine, and it set up just perfectly.  However, the mail that it
sent out to the listowner has the URLS wrong.

Basically, what's wrong with the URL is that a slash ('/') is missing
between the base URL for the mailman CGI directory (/mailman on my web
server) and the scriptname.

I suspect a bug in the GetScriptURL subroutine.

Now, interestingly enough, after playing around with the list_list script
and having it print out the results of mlist.GetScriptURL('listinfo',
absolute=1) -- which is exactly what newlist uses to get the URL that it
mails out -- it works perfectly.  So now I'm really confused as to what's
wrong.

Anyone have any ideas?

Please CC me, as I'm not on the list.

Matt Dharm

Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm at one-eyed-alien.net
Senior Engineer, QCP Inc.                            Work: mdharm at qcpi.com

What, are you one of those Microsoft-bashing Linux freaks?
					-- Customer to Greg
User Friendly, 2/10/1999