[Mailman-Users] Problems with AMPERSAND in addresses on list

mitd at mitd.com mitd at mitd.com
Wed Aug 2 23:21:57 CEST 2000

If this problem has already been covered or solved, our apologies but
we couldn't find it in list.

Problem: list address like: mom_&_dad at foobar.com

when mailman creates sendmail command line SHELL truncate address and
thinks '&' is shell command and puts in background ... causing everything
to crap out.

Our solution: modify sendmail.py to put "sendmail address arguments "
inside doblequotes.

But: We wonder if smrsh should be taking care of this??

Comments???

--
Peter Marshall -- CTO Openphase
"The The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."  A.Einstein