[Mailman-Users] autoreply/redirect

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed Aug 2 18:42:33 CEST 2000

At 12:13 PM -0400 8/2/00, Yacketta,Ronald J wrote:
>Hello all!
>
>We (my company) just acquired another company, we would like to have all
>email sent to user at olddomain.com autoreply with a message informing them of
>the new email address of user at newcomapny.com.
>is this possible?

I'd do this with a procmail filter, or even better, the vacation
program, and set up all aliases to forward a copy to the vacation
prog to return a message (but set it not to send it very often, no
more than once a day...). That way, you can add thi without hacking
aynthing but the aliases file.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"