[Mailman-Users] A Vote Against Passwords

Chuck Dale bug at aphid.net
Wed Aug 2 17:02:43 CEST 2000

> > On Tue, 1 Aug 2000 blurr at txraves.org wrote:
> >
> > > i second this.  i wish people had the ability to sub/unsub without
> > > using a password.
> >
> > That kind of opens subscriptions up to mischief, doesn't it?  Or do you
> > propose going to an entirely confirmation-mail method of ensuring people
> > aren't subscribed/unsubscribed without their consent?
>
> yep, exactly what i was thinking.  but make it an option, passwords
> are still a Good Thing.

Optional yes please. On a per user basis as well as per list.

I really couldn't care if someone is able to unsubscribe me from the
mailman lists I am on. Other people may care, that's their choice, but
I'd love to not have to receive password notifications or have to do
this to unsubscribe:

    1. Go to list page, ask for password to be emailed to me.
    2. Receive email, go back to page, enter email and be unsubscribed.

This is obviously not a big issue, but it is a big niggle.

Chuck

               [ charles hamilton dale <bug at aphid.net> ]