[Mailman-Users] Sender of Passwd Reminder is wrong

Joe Morris morris at unc.edu
Tue Aug 1 19:57:10 CEST 2000

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Neil Cooler wrote:

| I awoke this morning to 100 or so bounce messages from mailman.  I
| looked at the messages and they were all passwd reminders.

Yep, this caught me a little off guard too.  Seems Mailman will send the
password reminder out even if the user was disabled earlier (nomail).

| What confuses me is that the sender address of the emails was not
| mailman-owner at lists.nandomedia.com, but was
| newtest at lists.nandomedia.com, a test list which I created.

It's not just me, eh?  I also noticed the "List-ID:" header also showed
the description of one of my test lists too--freaky.  That was a bit
confusing on those bouces, but looks like everything else was OK.

I'm running Mailman v1.1 on RHLinux 6.2, sendmail 8.10.1.

Joe Morris                http://metalab.unc.edu/morris
Web Systems Manager, ATN            http://help.unc.edu
UNC-Chapel Hill                      http://www.unc.edu