[Mailman-Users] announce list

Bill Carlson wcarlson at vh.org
Fri Apr 28 17:20:34 CEST 2000

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Omar Armas Aleman wrote:

> I want to setup an announce list with mailman.
> This list must have a few addresses and I want that only a single e-mail
> be able to post, not even the list members should have permision to do it.
>
> Is this configuration correct?:
> (From "Privacy Options")
>
> Must posts be approved by an administrator? :  No
>
> Restrict posting privilege to list
> members? : Yes
>

> Addresses of members accepted for posting to this list without
> implicit approval requirement  :   mail at can.post
>

> I did some tests and it seems to work. Apparently only mail at can.post
> could post messages to the list.
> Is this the correct way? Anything else I am missing?

Hey Omar,

I have some announce lists under mailman, you want the following:

Restrict posting privilege to list
 members? : No

Then put the announce maintainer's email in 'Addresses of members accepted
for posting to this list without
implicit approval requirement'

Read the link for the posters option ('Addresses of members accepted for
posting to this list without implicit approval requirement').

The way you have it setup now the list members will be able to post to the
list. If it is not allowing list members to post, some other option is
restricting that.

HTH,

Bill Carlson
Systems Programmer    bill-carlson at uiowa.edu	|  Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/        |  not my employer's.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics	|