[Mailman-Users] Install problems cgi wrapper

Johnpaul Rogerson j.rogerson at edscout.net
Thu Apr 20 00:45:45 CEST 2000

I am having problems getting mailman 1.1 installed on rehat 6
python 1.1

I get an error when run the cgi that says expected group 99 got group 13200
when i try to run the configure again with

./configure --with-cgi-gid = 13200
configure: warning: =: invalid host type
configure: error: can only configure for one host and one target at a time

./configure --with-cgi-gid  13200
.
..

.

checking for --with-python...
checking for python... (cached) /usr/bin/python
checking Python interpreter... /usr/bin/python
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for true... (cached) /bin/true
checking for --without-gcc... no
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking whether #! works in shell scripts... (cached) yes
checking for mailman UID... mailman
checking for mailman GID... 13235
checking permissions on /www/vhtdocs/mailer/mailman... okay
checking for mail wrapper GID... (cached) 13201
checking for CGI wrapper GID...
configure: error:
***** No existing group found for the cgi_wrapper program.
***** This is the group that your Web server runs CGI scripts under.
***** You might want to specify an existing group with the
***** --with-cgi-gid configure option.  Please see your Web server's
***** documentation, and the INSTALL file for details

And i cant seem to change the id to make it work

Does anyone now what i am doing wrong .

Help please

Jp