[Mailman-Users] MTAs for huge lists on mailman2

J C Lawrence claw at cp.net
Wed Apr 19 22:11:06 CEST 2000

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:34:34 -0400
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> wrote:

> Quoting J C Lawrence (claw at cp.net):
>> -- I find Dan B a pain and I get along well with Vietse Wenema.
>> -- I generally find Dan B offensive but technically correct, and

> You're not the only one.

I know.

I should note that my current clients, Critical Path, base their
products atop QMail.

> And if you express this opinion on Usenet, expect Dan B to swoop
> down on your newsgroup and engage in a weeks long flamewar with
> you and anybody else who doesn't treat Qmail as a gift from the
> gods.

Yeah, he's toasted me a couple times, and I've beaten him back with
cold hard documented statistics a couple times.  Asides from the
fact that Dan never declares truces, I have.

The rest is mostly written for the rest of the list (as versus
people who know Dan):

QMail is an absolutely excellent product, far above the norm in its
field.  It is fast, efficient, secure, well designed, has a
vanishingly small history of security concerns, is of good design
etc.  It is a highly recommendable product as well (tho perhaps not
as from the gods).  The problem is that Postfix is arguably just as
good and wonderful for all the same resons, and just as
recommendable -- and if you go with Postfix you don't have to put up
with Dan Bernstein in any fashion.

Them's the breaks.  YMMV yada yada.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder at kanga.nu
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...