[Mailman-Users] Error: All recipients refused: host not found

Paul Stavrides pauls at quad-sys.com
Wed Apr 19 17:05:07 CEST 2000

I have one Mailman list running on a RH 6.1 machine.  Works like a
champ.

This list on a RH 6.2 machine is giving me a few problems, though.  No
mail is being delivered, although it looks like the mailman_wrapper
program is being called (I have Majordomo running on the same machine --
smrsh has a link).

The error I see in /home/mailman/logs is:

    Apr 19 10:42:00 2000 (20781) All recipients refused: host not found

I've restared inetd, sendmail, and run check_perms with no trouble.

I built the program with what I though were the correct gids of mail and
nobody (std RH Apache user).

All the web interface widgets work fine.  Archiving is working.

I thought it might be my spam control on sendmail, but that looks ok.

We do filter with procmail, but this account (mailman) has no
.procmailrc file, so that's not geting in the way directly, anyhow.

It may be an MTA issue, but I'm a bit lost.  Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks,

-paul