[Mailman-Users] list-request at ... mail address nonexistent?

David Vaught-Alexander dave at biojazz.com
Tue Apr 18 21:22:48 CEST 2000

GlacierHello,

I just installed mailman (1.0-1 rpm from RedHat's secure server CD)) for the
first time. Everything appeared to be going smoothly until I attempted to
subscribe to a list. The email is being sent to list-request at mydomain.com
(where list is the list name). I assume here that any subscribing or other
interactions with the list functions are to be sent to the list name with
"-request" appended to the list name. Anyway, my server (RedHat Linux 6.1)
doesn't recognize that as a valid email address. IOW, it bounces.

Can anyone tell me how to  fix this? Is it a matter of adding some more to
my /etc/aliases file?

thanks

p.s. other than this problem, installation was a breeze and the features
appear to be just what I was looking for.