[Mailman-Users] python runs amok (mailman-2.0b2)

Ralf Hildebrandt R.Hildebrandt at tu-bs.de
Fri Apr 14 16:52:53 CEST 2000

Today I noticed that a mailman process is running amok:

www 17525     1 249 15:18:09 ?        56:41 /users2/local/bin/python -S /users2/mailman/scripts/driver a

I've got Python 1.5.2 an I'm running Mailman-2.0b2 on HP-UX 10.20

This happened after I had to approve a posting by a memeber, which had been
rejected due to it's excessive size (it contained a large attachment of 3.1
MB!). The mails seem to have been delivered to all members of the list he
posted to.

I used trace on the process; I got nothing but:
17525: brk(0x41232000) = 0
17525: brk(0x41233000) = 0
17525: brk(0x41234000) = 0
17525: brk(0x41235000) = 0
17525: brk(0x41236000) = 0
17525: brk(0x41237000) = 0
17525: brk(0x41238000) = 0
17525: brk(0x41239000) = 0
17525: brk(0x4123a000) = 0
17525: brk(0x4123b000) = 0

Then I killed the process.

In /users2/mailman/logs I couldn't find any indication of a recently touched
logfile.
--
Ralf Hildebrandt <R.Hildebrandt at tu-bs.de> www.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de/~hildeb
Real programmers never work 9 to 5. If any real programmers are around