[Mailman-Users] Portuguese Interface

Leonardo Lazarte llazarte at maloca.oca.org.br
Sun Apr 9 19:33:40 CEST 2000

Thanks to Juan Carlos Rey Anaya and Alexandre Denes dos Santos for
their replies to my question on translation.

1. PORTUGUESE VERSION:

   To begin with, there seem to be several people translating Mailman
   to Portuguese in Brazil. (People at Connectiva, at PUCPR, and at
   UnB, at least!)

2. INTERNATIONALIZATION (Suggestion):

   I read the few archived messages in the list on internationalization,
   and could not find what I was looking for: some sort of path to where
   are things to be translated.

   I was more lucky with the list on development, where I found some
   messages on putting things to be edited (HTML) in a set of separated
   files [Suggestion, not implemented].

   Perhaps that has already been suggested, but, may I suggest that
   *ALL* language-specific things, such as:
   - HTML interfaces
   - HTML messages
   - Mail messages
   - Error messages
   are put in a set of files, so that translations could be easier,
   safer, and could be used for new versions?

3. INTERNATIONALIZATION (Questions):

   Juan Carlos mentioned a `plain text file with all messages that
   mailman has inside source code`. Which is this file? I found
   English text scattered all over the files.

   Is there any DOCs as to what the Internalization project consists
   of?

   Would it be too difficult to make the program read a set of
   variables from these files?

   Leonardo