[Mailman-Users] Re: RPM installation help

Ken Manheimer klm at digicool.com
Fri Apr 7 02:54:09 CEST 2000

> Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:59:10 -0400
> To: mailman-users at python.org
> From: Michael lampman <lampman at newact.com>
> Subject: [Mailman-Users] RPM installation help
>
> I am new and trying to install. Please help.
>
> Under Redhat 6.1 and Apache Secure Web Server, I have installed the
> Mailman 1.1 rpm.  It works insofar as a test list is created and a
> message sent to the owner.  However, apparently no symbolic links are
> being made to the appropriate directory or directories so "Internal
> Server Errors" are returned when trying to access the urls. I can go
> to myserver.mydomain/pipermail/ and get an index of pipermail with
> the file "test" and the directory "test.mbox/" but they are not
> found.  The questions are:

Just in case, it sounds like you're referring to the archives URLs, which
(if i recall correctly - it's been a while) aren't present until there's a
message in the list.  Now, if you're saying you're not able to get to the
listinfo page for the list, that's apache configuration - again, it's been
a while, but i believe it's something like creating a cgi-bin link, and
allowing symlinks in the apach configuration - or using a redirect
directive, etc.  See the README/Install docs for specific instructions...

Ken Manheimer
klm at digicool.com