[Mailman-Users] RPM installation help

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu Apr 6 22:20:19 CEST 2000

instructions for mailman-1.1 have everything installed to 1 directory), /opt
is the correct location for these packages.  If there ARE instructions for
installing mailman to multiple directories, please point me in the right
direction.  The advise that I got to put it in /opt came from several people
on the RPM list.

> it should be closer to the deb of mailman meaning:
> archives and ml data in /var/lib/mailman
> programs in /usr/bin
> binary data or relatively static config stuff in /usr/share/mailman

This assumes that mailman knows how to install itself to multiple locations,
which I couldn't convince it to do.  Again, if there's a way to do this,
please let me know.
	Greg

P.S.  None of the Linux distributions are FHS compliant currently (to the
best of my knowledge).  Debian will be (close?) when whatever their next
release is released.