[Mailman-Users] implicit approval

Mats Wichmann mats at laplaza.org
Thu Apr 6 04:21:17 CEST 2000

At 12:46 PM 04/04/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Is the address list on the implicit approval a regex or explicit addresses
>only.
>
>I've tryed various different regexes with no luck.
>
>Is this changed in 2.0beta1
>
>I'm mostly looking to be able to exclude "all people but those from these
>few subdomains" from posting straighthrough - all others go through the
>moderator.

I have a somewhat different problem but still on the approval topic.
I've been too busy to keep up with this list recently so I feel a bit
out of the loop - sorry if this is well-known (not to me!).

My lists have the normal checks in place for spam - too many
recipients.  I have one regular poster to a list that forwards
what's essentially a weekly newsletter and so I end up having
to approve this post every week because it fails the check.
I don't want to turn off the check, it's caught plenty of actual
spam.  Is there a way I can designate a list of senders as
pre-approved?  If I add to the list of approved posters that
doesn't help, because the "who can post" test seems to be applied
earlier than the "should I hold because it violates the rules"
test.  I know this one sender is legit and I don't want to
go through the step of approving his "illegal" posting.

Thanks,

Mats