[Mailman-Users] Setting up MHonArc as Archiver on linux

Guillermo Peris Ripolles peris at inf.uji.es
Wed Apr 5 19:39:28 CEST 2000

"Christopher P. Lindsey" wrote:

> > > If that looks correct, replace "mhonarc" with a script that logs
> > > its execution and calls mhonarc, so you can see if Mailman is
> > > ever calling you.
> >
> > Well, that's the only thing I have not tried. Anyway, I still wait
> > for an explanation/solution of my (our) problem.
>
> It could be any number of things...
>
> Why not replace the line above with something like
>
>    PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = 'cat - > /tmp/archive.%(listname)s'
>
> ?  That should create a file in /tmp containing the contents of the
> message.  Or better yet:
>
>    PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = 'cat - > /home/mailman/lists/archive.%(listname)s'
>
> to make sure that you have write permission.
>
> You also need to be running a newer version of Mailman (1.1 or greater).
>
> Chris

I have tried this:

PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = 'cat - > /tmp/archive.%(listname)s ; cat - >
/home/mailman/archives/private/%(listname)s/archive.%(listname)s'
PRIVATE_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = 'cat - > /tmp/archive.%(listname)s ; cat - >
/home/mailman/archives/private/%(listname)s/archive.%(listname)s'

and NOTHING has been written, even in /tmp !!

I am using Mailman 2.0 beta.

Any other idea is welcome.

Thanks,	me

--