[Mailman-Users] Setting up MHonArc as Archiver on linux

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM
Wed Apr 5 04:01:50 CEST 2000

You also need to have "public archives" set in the Archival Options
screen; did you do that?

If that looks correct, replace "mhonarc" with a script that logs
its execution and calls mhonarc, so you can see if Mailman is
ever calling you.

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to the list, and after checking the last few months of
> question, i have reached the conclusion that i need to use MHonArc as my
> archiver (because it handles MIME intelligently).
>
> I saw a message from Christopher P. Lindsey describing a setting in the
> mm_cfg.py file:
>
> PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER  =
> '(/afs/ncsa/packages/mhonarc/SunOS_5.4/bin/mhonarc -add -nolock -afs -umask
023 -rcfile rc.%(listname)s -outdir
/afs/ncsa/web/internal/htdocs/lists/%(listname)s)'

> So i tried something for my linux system
>
> PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = '(/usr/bin/mhonarc -add -nolock -umask 023 -outdir
/home/mailman/lists/%(listname)s)'