[Mailman-Users] Sendmail/Linux versus PostFix/BSD

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Tue Apr 4 18:46:52 CEST 2000

Quoting Jerry Thomas (jerry at scoregroup.com):
> Hello,
>
> Just a question,  I am running mailman on a redhat 6.1 box with sendmail.
> The distribution list which we post to has about 50,000 people on it and is
> getting killed with our weekly mailings. I have heard that FREEBSD with
> postfix is more efficient any suggestions?

Most of the performance hit there is because sendmail sucks.  You'll get 99%
of the performance increase by switching MTAs to postfix that you would by
switching MTAs and OSes.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
"Help!!  Come see the violence inherent in the sysadmin!"