[Mailman-Users] Other Products with Similar Functionality

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM
Tue Apr 4 02:15:42 CEST 2000

> I looking for an off-the-shelf product that has functionality similar to
> Mailman.
>
> I plan to use the product internally for Project Management

?  Mailman is a mailing-list manager; nothing more, nothing less.
If you want a mailing list, Mailman will serve; for anything else,
it kinda sucks (as you might expect).  What are you looking for
exactly, and why ask about it here?

> (so the thrill
> of putting it all together is minimal....).  We do not have experience w/
> Python (no offense meant here), and I would like the product to run on an NT
> box where our Web server resides, if possible.  A Unix machine is OK too
> (e.g., Solaris).

Python runs on NT, so so does Mailman, AFAIK.