[Mailman-Users] new install problem

Dan Mick dan.mick at West.Sun.COM
Mon Apr 3 11:14:50 CEST 2000

kaiser at emjay.net wrote:

> I've spent most of tonight trying to install Mailman.  It seems I have it in right, until I try to run it.
>
> When I attempt to access /pipermail/ or /Pipermail/ (I set up aliases for each of them), I get:
>
> You don't have permission to access /pipermail/ on this server.
>
> I thought I set it up right with the proper permissions, but it doesn't seem to work.  How do I fix this?  I am using apache.

If you think you've done it right, how about letting on to the rest of
us how you've done it, so we can confirm or deny?  How else can we help?

Make sure you've read #6/7 on http://www.list.org/faq.html.

> Problem 2:
>
> I set up the test list, and it created the new addresses for which I have to set up aliases.  What is the address I alias them to?

The addresses that the newlist program prints out, and mails to the
list owner, are exactly what needs to be in the aliases file.  That's why
it says this before it prints them:

Entry for aliases file:

> Thanks...hopefully I will be running by morning.
>
> -Michael
>
> PS  Can I import a text list of email addresses to transfer my lists from one server to Mailman?

See bin/add_members