[Mailman-Users] Mailman generated password sometimes incorrect.

Danielle Moorhead (EPA) Danielle.Moorhead at ericsson.com.au
Thu Sep 30 02:55:42 CEST 1999

Hello all,
I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm having a problem with the mailman
generated passwords created when I mass subscribe people.  When each
subscriber gets their welcome email containing their password, I have found
that occasionally this password is incorrect.  One of my subscribers tried
to change his digest option, to find that he couldn't because the password
sent to him was incorrect.  I checked this by going into his subscription
and trying to unsubscribe him and his password was definitely incorrect.  I
also tried to check if this occurred with all generic passwords by
subscribing myself to the list via the mass subscription area, to find that
the password mailman sent me was correct and I could use it to unsubscribe.
So it doesn't happen all the time, just for occasional subscribers.

Has anyone else had instances where their generated password has not worked,
and what have you done to remedy this?

Thanks,
Danielle.

---------
Danielle Moorhead
Ericsson Global Support - Information Services

Telephone: +613 9301 1613
Facsimile: +613 9301 4511
Email: danielle.moorhead at ericsson.com.au