[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] Reply-to feature

Erik Parker eparker at mindsec.com
Fri Sep 24 20:26:08 CEST 1999

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, J C Lawrence wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 12:13:04 -0600 (MDT)
> Erik Parker <eparker at mindsec.com> wrote:
>
> > The actual From: header.. Sendmail isn't rewriting them.. I even
> > tried changing the HOSTNAME on the machine, and specifying it
> > solid in the sendmail.cf file..
>
> Ooof.  Something is funny then.  The config field should (and does
> here) control the From: header.  In truth all the machines I run
> MailMan on use FQDN's in the From: field that resolve to that
> machine only by MX (no A or CNAME match).

hhmm.. Something is strange.. The other thing I noticed, in the bottom
left of each HTML page to go with mailman, it still lists the list info
on portal.navidec.com.. I can't even find the html file or template
that has that footer assigned in it. The rest of everything (Like, welcome
messages, info pages, list discuss.pentax.com)

The digest correctly mails out from discuss.pentax.com, but regular
posts do not. I have grep'd for 'portal' in every directory under
/usr/local/mailman, I found no matches.

As I said before, I tried changing my hostname to discuss.pentax.com just
to test, and I tried changing sendmail's config to think it was on
discuss.pentax.com, also added it to my /etc/hosts..

And still, no go.

I even modified firewall to try and re-write the from and to headers,
and it wouldn't do it (that is probably because I may not have done it
right)

> --
> J C Lawrence      Life: http://www.kanga.nu/   Home: claw at kanga.nu
> ---------(*)                Work (Linux/IA64): claw at varesearch.com
>  ... Beware of cromagnons wearing chewing gum and palm pilots ...

Erik Parker
eparker at mindsec.com