[Mailman-Users] How to change URL base for cookies

Aaron Optimizer Digulla digulla at hepe.com
Wed Sep 22 16:11:16 CEST 1999

On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 01:53:51PM +0200, Aaron Optimizer Digulla wrote:

> How do I change the URL which is beeing used to generate the
> cookies for a single list ? I want to administer the list
> related to the project. For every project, I have a virtual
> web server. This works fine for the archive but not for the
> admin pages. I don't know if it works for the normal users
> of a list.

Argl :-( Ok, here is the fix: When you run junkbuster (which
also filters cookies), remember to add all domains which can
set cookies. After that, the cookies should appear (e.g. in
~/.netscape/cookies).

I'd suggest this improvement: Mailman should not display the
admin pages if the cookie could not be set. As it is now,
admins will change values, click submit and find out that they
have to change all values again :-)

--
Aaron "Optimizer" Digulla             Team AMIGA     AROS Head of Development
Author of XDME, ResTrackLib, CInt.		       <http://www.aros.org/>