[Mailman-Users] oh, arg, further password problems

Listwrangler listwrangler at iximd.com
Sun Sep 19 21:38:12 CEST 1999

Well, I think I'm finally caught up on email related to Mailman after
Hurricane Floyd.

I tried subscribing myself to one of our lists, and got subscribed. Then
when it sent me the monthly password reminder, the password bore no
resemblence to what I had inputted.

Considering that some other users have had trouble with password errors
when they try to access their accounts, I'm wondering if they have the same
problem. Unfortunately, I don't have the users' passwords to see exactly
what is happening with them. Is there some way for me, the list
administrator, to get a user's password sent to me?

I had suspected that mixed case passwords were a problem, so when I
subscribed myself I entered a password that was all lower case letters. But
the password sent to me as part of my monthly reminder was mixed upper and
lower case letters.

My ISP insists that they have installed the latest version of Mailman. I
can't believe how many hours I've been spending for the last several weeks
trying to administer and debug these lists.

Listwrangler

Listwrangler
listwrangler at iximd.com