[Mailman-Users] Archive Idea

Listwrangler listwrangler at iximd.com
Sun Sep 19 21:09:37 CEST 1999

>  [radio]     Look for and open multipart-MIME messages
>  [input]kb   Do not archive attachments greater than this size
>              Do not archive attachments with the following mime-types:
>  [text box containing wildcard stuff like application-*]
>
>And heck, it may as well be generalized so that you could perform these
>actions on the main list as well (ie, don't send any application-msword
>attachments ever)  :)
>
>  -Craig

Yes, please! I forbid attachments to my lists because I'm sick of dealing
with unopenable attachments, plus I always advise my users to never open an
attachment they didn't request because it could contain a virus. And a lot
of users are very rude or ignorant about sending giant attachments (we
don't all have cable modems), or send garbled attachments that nobody can
make any sense out of. And who do they ask for help? Me, of course. I have
to periodically go through my inboxes and clear out all the unsolicited
attachments that I have no intention of ever reading.

As far as I'm concerned, attachments are spam.

Listwrangler

Listwrangler
listwrangler at iximd.com