[Mailman-Users] Creating New List via Web Interface

Darren Boyd dboyd at its.to
Fri Sep 17 21:08:59 CEST 1999

I was thinking of something along these lines as well.

A web page could allow a user to create a list, which doesn't get created.
When they hit 'submit' mailman generates a script (sh or python or
whatever) in the .../mailman/newlists/ directory.  A mail is sent to the
administrator who can then log into the box and run the script.  The
script then sets up the list and mails the owner.

This would also get around the problem of allowing anyone to run programs
as root.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Darren