[Mailman-Users] two copies of mailman on one machine?

Jeff Berliner jeff at endeavor.med.nyu.edu
Tue Sep 14 15:43:52 CEST 1999

--On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 11:58 AM +0200 Tomas Fasth <tomas at euronetics.se>
wrote:
> I run multiple instances of mailman on the same machine. It works
> well if you just let them live in total isolation from each other. A
> necessary step is to define (export) the environment variables
> MAILMAN_UID, MAILMAN_GID, FQDN, and URL before running the configure
> script. To give you an idea of how I do it, I have attached the shell
> script I use for setting up a new instance.

        Thanks for the reply.  I'm still having the same trouble
though.  It's not that I have two virtual domains that I want to each
have a copy of mailman, but two copies on the same domain.  For
instance:

        http://mymachine/mailman/admin/test

would get me to my test list on my normal copy of mailman, and

        http://mymachine/olmm/admin/oltest

would get me to the oltest list on the second copy of mailman.  That
seems to be ok, but on the second copy, all the cgi's seem to call the
first copy (eg., /mailman/ is hardcoded somewhere).

        Thanks anyway!

                                                                - Jeff

Jeff Berliner                                 jeff at popmail.med.nyu.edu
Academic Computing,                           Phone: (212) 263-2051
New York University School of Medicine        Fax:   (212) 263-8542