[Mailman-Users] editing lists info and /etc/aliases

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Tue Sep 14 01:14:36 CEST 1999

Hi Folks:  I have just installed mailman on my main server in
preparation of replacing my current list server with mailman.  I have
read through as many docs as I have been able to find but am still
left with a few questions.

In one of the documents it alluded to being able to have newlist or
some other program add the alias info to the /etc/aliases
automatically if it were a sendmail/smail style aliases file.  I have
not been able to figure out how to do so.  I can use >> redirection
but that is less than optimal.

Also, is there a way to edit the subscription welcome message and the
like, such as the message tag some way other than from the web page?
I don't find editing on the web page very fulfilling or enjoyable.
I've looked through the lists directory but don't see anyplace those
files are stored unless they are in the config.db.  That appears to be
a binary file so I am reluctant to edit that.

Any help someone might offer me would certainly be appreciated.

  Kirk