[Mailman-Users] continuing saga of our broken installation...FW: qmail errors

Victoriano Giralt vic at vgg.sci.uma.es
Sat Sep 11 09:49:27 CEST 1999

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Joshua S. Freeman wrote:

> Here is an error message qmail generated that may explain what we need to
> fix to get our lists back up...
>
> any ideas anyone?
>
> -----------snip------------------------
>

> Josh, the following is the type of error being generated:
>
> Sep 10 12:06:29 search Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script. WANTED
> gid 12, GOT gid 758.  (Reconfigure to take 758?)

It means that mailman wrapper is being run under Group ID 758 and it was
made with GID 12 (the normal mail GID). You can use to solutions:
1 - Have qmail run Mailman wrapper with GID 12, which I don't know how to do
2 - Run configure --with-mail-gid 758 and make Mailman again.

--
Victoriano Giralt
Systems Programmer