[Mailman-Users] Users to change their address themselves

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Thu Sep 9 23:19:38 CEST 1999

At 11:52 PM 9/9/99 +0100, Ilpo Kantonen wrote:
>I maintain a Mailman mailing list where people sometimes change
>addresses.. Would it be a good idea to include Mailman change
>address possibility to users itself where users would be able
>to change their own address him/herself on www-page
>user__at__host.somewhere ? It would reduce admin work.

I think it'd be a great idea, but for the users, and for admins... (I'm
tired of deleting and adding a new user, I'd just like to edit their
address..)

However, if done by a user, it needs to run through the confirm routine
again; otherwise you can subscribe yourself, then "change" your subscription
to whoever it was you wanted to subscribe and annoy.