[Mailman-Users] Weird 1.0 Problem

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu Sep 2 17:40:04 CEST 1999

    TG> Every month when the list reminders go out I receive 3-4
    TG> bounces back with User Unknown but the user shown is not on
    TG> any of my lists.

It can get tricky to actually track down the subscribed address that
the bounce is associated with.  This can be due to poor bounce
messages, .forwards, and a host of other factors.  I wrote
bin/find_member to help with this because often there will be /some/
identifying information that can be used to craft a regex to search
the list memberships.  Then you basically have to apply a little
wetware processing and send a test message.

It would be nice if this was more automatic.  It's a hard problem
though.

-Barry