[Mailman-Users] Sender: header and forwarded mail

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Sat Oct 30 17:55:12 CEST 1999

Many of my users send mail to my lists from Netscape.  Unfortunately,
it seems to munge out the hostname from the Sender: header, so that
"nick at zork.net" would have a "Sender: nick" header.  Mailman seems to
pay undue attention to this header when deciding if the user is
authorized to post or not.  Mailman also won't let me add in any
address that doesn't have an at sign to the approved posters box in
the privacy options.  As a matter of fact, once it sees an incomplete
address, it truncates the list right there.

Also, I can't seem to find an archive option to allow archiving of
forwarded mail.  All forwards to my list are snipped, making for some
inscrutible discussion threads in the archives.  I need complete
archives of my lists.  Is this just some built-in pipermail nonsense
or what?

--
((lambda (x) (list x (list (quote quote) x)))
(quote (lambda (x) (list x (list (quote quote) x)))))