[Mailman-Users] How do I recompile python sources?

Michael Sweeney sweeney at projectcool.com
Sat Oct 30 01:41:12 CEST 1999

This is actually a python question, but since it's the mailman sources I
need to change, I hope someone here can answer the question.

I need to disable the password confirmation on subscription. I've changed
the Defaults.py file to permit open subscription, and (I think) generated a
new .pyc file, but it has made no difference in the behavior of the
subscription - it still wants confirmation of the password. I've also made
a couple of other minor changes to other files in an attempt to accomplish
the same thing, but I seem to be missing some critical step in making the
changes "live". Can anyone give me a clue? I'm looking at documentation,
but I'm really in a hurry on this one and was hoping someone might have a
quick answer.

Thanks.

Michael