[Mailman-Users] MIME Subject: encoding in archive

John Simon simon at elf.kaist.ac.kr
Thu Oct 28 18:07:30 CEST 1999

Hi, I'm a admin in Korea and started using
MailMan today. I'm impressed at the web interface
and relatively easy installation.

But I can't figure out how to configure pipermail .
For example, every mail messages written in Korean
(MIME "euc-kr" charset) has a subject header encoded
in base64, like:

Subject: Re: =?euc-kr?B?Q1ZTIML8v6k=?=

Although the body of message is usually decoded
to 8bit by sendmail, it's the application's duty
to decode the headers. But pipermail doesn't seem
to deal with this.

So, what should I do? is there any other way than
installing bleeding-edge CVS version?