[Mailman-Users] Mailman - unable to handle large mailing list

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Wed Oct 27 16:56:30 CEST 1999

    R> Looks like Mailman source code needs more work to include the
    R> "error checking" features to prevent any missing emails.

One thing to look at.  In my last quick code review, it is possible
that the sendmail() call delivers to only some of the recips (see
Mailman/Utils.py, TrySMTPDelivery() function).  The docs say this will
only raise an exception if all deliveries fail.  If only some do, then
it returns a dict with more information about the failures.  Mailman
doesn't do anytyhing with the returned dict, which means deliv could
fail the first time, but they'd never get retried.

Sorry, still no time to hack on this, but that's something that others
could investigate.

-Barry