[Mailman-Users] htdig+mailman

Igor S. Livshits igorl at life.uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 27 05:46:15 CEST 1999

At 1:18 PM +1000 on 10/27/99, Bek Oberin wrote:
>I'm trying to get ht://dig to index my mailman private archives.
>The relavant bits of the config file are this:
>
>===
>start_url:              http://netizen.com.au/mailman/private/
>local_urls:
>http://netizen.com.au/mailman/private/=/var/lib/mailman/archives/priva
>te/
>limit_urls_to:          ${start_url}
>exclude_urls:           /cgi-bin/  \
>                        mbox

What does your /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/ directory contain?
Just your archive directories? I suspect that ht://Dig requires at
least an index page or such to start its recursion.

I usually index each list's directory separately, and these
individual directories contain the index.html file which ht://Dig
knows to grab when its argument is a directory...

I suppose you can leave a dummy index.html file in your
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/ directory and have it contain
links to all your individual list directories.

Good luck, Igor