[Mailman-Users] unknown mailer error 2 [different than previous, similar notes]

gary gary at rattler.cameron.edu
Sat Oct 16 11:18:39 CEST 1999

Hello,

Recently, I installed mailman-1.0 on a SuSE 6.1 box which uses sendmail
as the MTA.

The install appeared to be flawless.  Each step in the INSTALL document
was carefully followed.  The configure program was given the correct group
of the webserver and mailman.

When I attempt to reply to the authorization request, I receive the
following:

554 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"... unknown mailer error 2

I tried a softlink in /etc/smrsh to /home/mailmail/mail/wrapper, restarted
sendmail, and still had the same problem.

So, I moved to a SuSE 6.2 box which uses PostFix as the MTA, went through
apparently the same procedure and got the same error.

I've been using Majordomo (which uses a security wrapper too) and have had
no problems with the wrapper used by majordomo.

I guess my question is this: How do I tell sendmail about the wrapper?

Best,

Gary