[Mailman-Users] Mailman "Administrators"...

Dave Stites dstites at freemason.org
Tue Oct 12 00:02:49 CEST 1999

OUCH!

Thanks for the "heads up" on this one!

Have been evaluating Mailman somewhat casually over the past few weeks and
monitoring this list closely.

One of my potential "List Masters", (read Mailman administrators), is
absolutely guaranteed to do this very kind of thing, (if able to do
so).  Recent history says "Mikie will play with anything you make available
to him".

The delegation of list administrators is a very important piece of
functionality, but I have to agree he/she/they shouldn't have the
capability to modify/set the "Base URL".

Will now put a weather eye on what "other" damage "Mikie" could/would
potentially do as a Mailman administrator for a single mailing list.

Warm Regards,
-=dave=-