[Mailman-Users] Site-wise settings available ?

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Thu Oct 7 19:14:10 CEST 1999

At 12:09 PM 10/7/99 -0400, Jun Ye wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>Is there a place in Mailman config that I can put/change
>site-wise (default) settings ?

A lot of the settings are in (as the docs point out) Defaults.py.
They can be overridden in mm_cfg.py; don't change Defaults.py;
just use it as a shopping list of what you can change.

>e.g. "send monthly pasword" is a pretty annoying "feature".
>As the system administrator serving many non-technical
>list owners, I wish I could go to 100 lists to disable it.
>Can I disable it in one shot ? And, how to disable it
>when creating a list ?

If you write some python.  See the progs in ~mailman/bin and
~mailman/cron; like mailpasswds or find_user as examples.