[Mailman-Users] editing the html

Michael Sweeney sweeney at projectcool.com
Mon Nov 29 21:34:03 CET 1999

Depends on what modifications you want to make. The basic template files
are in the MAILMAN-DIR/templates directory if you want to change the
interface pages for all new lists. You can edit them and use the
<MM-variable-name> tags that will keep the essential mailman functionality.
For existing lists, or changes specific to a particular list, you can use
the "Edit the HTML for the public list pages" link from the admin pages.

If you are wanting to change the content and/or formatting of what is
expanded from the <MM-...> tags, you have to get into the Python source
code. Depending on which tag you want to change, you have to look through
the source to find the specific tag. But remember that if you change the
sources, the changes are likely to be lost on upgrade or re-installation.

Michael