[Mailman-Users] UPDATEDQ EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER question

Anton Gyllenberg anton at mymlan.lifix.fi
Mon Nov 29 10:01:47 CET 1999

> it seems that the documented ${listname} does not work, this is what is
> causing the mhonarc archive creation to fail.
>
> what is the actual macro that I use to expand the actual list name within the
> PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER option?

I have not read the documentation and do not know how variable
substitution/macro expansion should work. However, take a look
at the code quoted by Christopher:

         d = SafeDict({'listname': self.real_name})
         cmd = ar % d

What we have here is Python's extended format-string handling, so
using '%(listname)s' instead of '${listname}' might give the intended
result.

Python example:
'/bin/touch /tmp/foo%(listname)s' % {'listname': 'bar'}
-> '/bin/touch /tmp/foobar'

--
Anton Gyllenberg