[Mailman-Users] Cookies

claw at kanga.nu claw at kanga.nu
Mon Nov 29 07:11:34 CET 1999

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999 23:52:54 -0500
John A Martin <jam at jamux.com> wrote:

> [...]

claw> On Sun, 28 Nov 1999 20:26:00 -0500 John A Martin
claw> <jam at jamux.com> wrote:

>>> What can be done to make mailman comply with a privacy policy
>>> that states "we don't do cookies"?

claw> Simply: Not use the web interface to MailMan.

> So when the policy of the organization running the lists is no
> cookies you do away with the web interface then what do you have
> for managing the lists?

Not much at all, and in fact for many/most configuration options:
Nothing.  MailMan without the web interfaces is largely crippled and
most likely unusuable.  I suggest either changing the policy or
using another list manager.

> And, how do you do away with the web interface?

Never install the various stanzas in your web server configs.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu