[Mailman-Users] Looping problem

Victoriano Giralt vic at vgg.sci.uma.es
Sat Nov 27 18:09:47 CET 1999

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Arshad Mahmood wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My domain is "abc.org". We have two mail servers in two centers. And the
> email address format of users at the two centers is
>
> user at center1.abc.org
> user at center2.abc.org
>
> We are using Mailman at the both centers.
>
> Now consider the mailing list xyz.
>
> The mailing list "xyz" is present at the both centers.

[...]
If I understand you right, you need that messages are delivered to both
lists at both centers, with independence of the originating user's
location. My approach would be to define the following aliases:

center1:
xyz:	xyz at center2.abc.org, "|/usr/users/mailman/mail/wrapper post xyz"

center2:
xyz:	xyz at center1.abc.org, "|/usr/users/mailman/mail/wrapper post xyz"

I think that will get the dessired functionality,

--
Victoriano Giralt
Systems Programmer