[Mailman-Users] Migration from Majordomo

Hrvoje Niksic hniksic at iskon.hr
Wed Nov 24 18:12:37 CET 1999

[ Sorry if you see this twice.  I've sent it once but haven't received
  it back. ]

I've taken a look at Mailman, and decided I like it.  It's nice, it's
cool, it's Python.  Besides, it provides the sorely-needed features
that Majordomo lacks, like web administration, bounce detection, and
spam protection.

Here at work, we run 30+ lists using majordomo and I'm considering a
transition to Mailman.  I would like to hear about experiences with
migration from Majordomo to Mailman.  Is there an automation mechanism
to convert configuration files?  What does one do with archives and
digests?  What about subscriber lists?  Are there things one should
watch out for?